Thursday, October 15, 2009

What has confused,annoyed, or made me laugh in this book so far.

So this is a good book so far, I think. It's very suspenseful, but kind of confusing at times. It took me a while to figure out that Bod's guardian is actually a vampire. I thought that twist in the graveyard,which you would think would just be ghosts(...or like zombies or something), was clever. One thing that i really don't like about the stroy is how they refer to the killer as the man Jack, it really annoyed me and it seems unnecessary. Also, the lady Silas got to take his place reminded me of one of the ladies from Nanny 911, and I thought that was funny. I didn't really understand the part about the hill and when they went down into the cave thing, so i don't know what to say about that other than it was weird. Another thing that confused me was when the police found the girl and Bod was with her how could they not see him? And if they could see him why didn't they talk to him or ask him where he lived or something? This really confused me and it's probably the only thing i don't like about this story thus far. But i really like reading this book.

5 comments:

  1. Micaela,
    First of all, excellent revelations and musings. I think the secret to figuring out why only certain people can see Bod is that he's been given the extraordinary gift called THE FREEDOM OF THE GRAVEYARD. This allows him to not be seen when he's within the boundaries of the ancient cemetery. So, why does Scarlett see him? I think it's the author's way of exposing how brilliant children are. They seem to always see things adults never see. In some ways, children are brighter and more gifted than adults because they have great imaginations and expect to see almost anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michaela, this is an great presentation of how the first chapter went. I didn't really get some of the parts in this chapter like you, but i kept on reading it cause it is a very interesting book. I didn't really get that Bod's guardian was a vampire. Anyway, throughout the next few chapters, i think there will be some more excitement and lots more suspense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michaela, i agree with you as well about not knowing that silas was a vampire. I was completely comfused about that, but it makes more sense to me now that i realized this. I loved how you said that the lady Silas gets to take his place reminds you of Nanny 911. It did me too, but so far this is a really good blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you compared it to Nanny 911. I never thought about it that way. =] That was a great coparison. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great blog! I did not know that silas was a vampire until i was told. It was not that clear i thought.

    ReplyDelete