Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The fascination today.

So there are many books out now about..I guess you would call them creatures or something..like ghosts, vampires, werewolves,witches things like that. This seems to be a major fascination with authors and readers today. For a long time I know i would stereotype those books to be scary or violent, but now it seems authors are trying to make them pleasant beings. So, I personally don't believe in ghosts and things but I'm wondering if you do? Also, why do you think writers are making these creatures more presentable and caring?

3 comments:

  1. I do not believe in ghosts. I could never say I've had an encounter with one. Ghosts have always been portrayed as evil and such but now I think authors might present the characters in a better light because everyone is so afraid of death. Everyone is getting surgery to fix their "imperfections" and are scared of aging. Authors are trying to tell us that death could not really be as bad as we all think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely believe in vampires and ghosts and werewolves and anything scary BECAUSE it seems like they always attack the people who DON'T believe in them. Just kidding. Haley, I believe, has really touched upon something profound. Authors are trying to save us from our fear of death by portraying "evil" characters as good. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe because they want to make their writings more interesting and to intrigue more readers and keep them fascinated?

    ReplyDelete