Sunday, October 18, 2009
The settings.
The graveyard in this story is very interesting I think. Unlike most stories the graveyard in this is depicted as more of a happy, loving place. Most graveyards are steriotyped as scary, mean places that moost people avoid going into;however, in this novel it's more of a safe haven for Bod. I liked how the cover of the book is blue so it kind of sets a calm setting in the setting of the graveyard but when Bod is with the gouls the shy is red so it makes the setting more scary. These small details I feel are very important. It's a very unconventional story but I think Neil Gaiman made this transition very well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I find it strange that Neil Gaiman is going against all the normal and twisting everything around. Like you said he's made ghosts nice and made a graveyard a safe place for a little kid. I guess thats what makes this book different and good. Great job so far!
ReplyDelete